Friday, February 15, 2008

First time in a long time

I just realized that it's been a while since I've posted. It wasn't intentional. I mean, I wasn't giving you the old silent treatment. So here we go. I'm taking a few minutes to post.

I know, I know. More baby pictures. You have no idea what you're missing. Allie is so beautiful. Big breakthrough recently - Allie and Stevie can be left alone together and not only will Allie not be harmed, but sometimes they entertain each other. It's the cutest thing. The other day we heard them both laughing their heads off in the living room, while we were back in our bedroom. Also, they talk to each other from their cribs. I hope they always like each other.

Stevie is getting better and better at repeating things. His vocabulary is going up. Laurel got out some Incredibles toys I bought back when the movie came out (and left in the box, but so much for that now) and they're Stevie's favorites. He likes to name them, though he's better at some than others (e.g. Dash, Violet, and Baby Jack-Jack).

Laurel has been working on redecorating the house. Of course, that's something she's doing most of the time. She ordered a bed frame and put it together to surprise me when it came this week. It's very nice. She called it the cherry on top, meaning that the house is "done", but then she was putting up pictures and staining a breadbox yesterday, so who knows? Maybe today it'll be done and we can have a party.

We had a great weekend two weeks ago when we went to see Tawnia and Nathan Dille (first time this millenium) and went to a marriage retreat put on by BYU. It was exhausting but a lot of fun. We had the worst snow between Tawnia's and Nathan's Sunday morning. The rest of the trip was very good for the most part. We watched the funeral up at Aspen Grove, surrounded by snow-covered mountains. It's really a beautiful spot. We should have a reunion there someday. Maybe just the Palmers.

Three-day weekend starting today. That will be nice. Laurel and I are going to the temple tonight. We don't really have plans for Monday, but if the weather's nice, maybe we can play outside. It's looking good right now.

No comments: