Saturday, February 16, 2008

Aunts and Uncles

Wow, this could take awhile. Defining "know" as in, I have seen them more than once in my life.
Okay, so I'm supposed to write something that is special about each of them.... but this is more of a what I remember that is special to me about each of them.

Ray- When I was little and we'd eat dinner at Uncle Ray's he would call me his green bean girl and put tons of green beans on my plate. I did not like green beans at the time, but I'll tolerate them now.
Marli- Aunt Marli has been one of the aunts/uncles that has talked to me the most. When I was on my way home after Thanksgiving last year I went and spent the night at her house and then she took me to the bus. At her house she was really good about making sure I was comfortable. She even put a "kiss" on my pillow.
Carol- I enjoy going in and watching game shows with Aunt Carol. She is fun to just sit and chill with.
Max- Uncle Max is an amazing pillar of the gospel. I always loved going to their home and just feeling welcome and relaxed.
Jean- Aunt Jean is one of the sweetest ladies I know. She is always so kind and generous. When I sang at Uncle Bruce's funeral she told me that she wants me to sing at her funeral... I told her it better not be for a very long time.
Chet- Uncle Chet tells the best stories! He is hilarious.
Yoshi- I remember being taller than Aunt Yoshi by the time I was about 10 years old. She is always happy and has a smile on her face (at least when I've been around!)
Speedy- I am amazed at Uncle Speedy's musical talents.
Debbie- Aunt Debbie is very patient. It was fun to go to Speedy and Debbie's at Christmas this year and see them with all of their grandkids. They are really quite the family!
Joy- I remember going to Aunt Joy's on our trip to Orlando. She was very generous to let us come stay.
Gary- Uncle Monkey is a quiet man with a big heart.
Cheryl- I have always love Aunt Cheryl. One of my favorite times with her was just a few years ago. We went to Disneyland together for a day... just the two of us. We talked and talked and talked in line and made it to tons of the rides I wanted to go on. It was a lot of fun and a memory I'll always cherish.
Bruce- I miss Uncle Bruce. I remember the last time I talked to him was on my birthday. He said, "Happy birthday, darling." I said thanks and I love you and then he said, "I love you, too!" He was always so much fun to just hang out with. He would give you candy and that was always endearing to a child's heart but he also was so grateful for anything you did for him. I really miss him.
Sylvia- I don't know if I've talked much to Aunt Sylvia. I do know that she makes it a point to come to every family reunion, even though she doesn't have much money. That is impressive to me. She wants to be their to see her family and to have her children know their family. That's cool.

Jeff- I don't know a whole lot about Jeff, except that I remember the time the van broke down in the grapevine and he came and stuffed as many of us as he could into his car and drove us to the repair shop.
Jackie- I remember that Jackie loves elephants and has a really cool collection of them. She also has great stories to tell of all her adventures all over the place.
Gary- I love going to Uncle Gary's and having a BBQ. That was what we did at Christmas time this year. How wonderful that was. Uncle Gary is always fun to hang out with.
Karen- I still remember when Uncle Gary and Aunt Karen got married. For a long time I thought Aunt Karen didn't like us, but I think we've grown on her. I think she does an amazing job as a Grandma to ALL of her grandkids.

So there you have it. I guess I've never really thought about how kindhearted the majority of my aunts and uncles are. Maybe I think they are because they are my family, but on the whole I think I'm related to a lot of really good people.

-Tawnia

No comments: