Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Letter from Clarissa (typed by Emily since it was mailed home)

Dear family, friends, and people,

This week has been insanely busy. I love it! It all started on Tuesday. Sister Enos and I went out to an Indian (meaning India) restaurant for lunch. I had goat palak, which is goat in a curry and spinach sauce served over rice. I really liked it. It made the car stink like goat for the rest of the day. (P.S. Emily, I called the goat Fred.)

Later that evening we got a phone call that the Kissimmee sisters, Sister Toth and Sister Olsen, were being stalked and had their apartment broken into and were going to be moving in with us. They had all their stuff to our apartment and were moved in by 9:30 that night.

Wednesday was President's interviews. Then Sister Enos and I went tracting with the district leaders. We found a man named Murphey. At first he seemed interested, but he really likes philosophy (and questions like "Where did God come from?") and can't believe the Book of Mormon is true because "horses and metal weren't in the Americas at the time." We taught him on Thursday, and he dropped us on Sunday morning.

Friday, we had breakfast at Sister Langston's. She was baptized two years ago, only member in her family and she loves missionaries. She usually goes on exchanges with us on Tuesdays, but she couldn't this last week and so she had us over for breakfast. Later that night, with permission, we went to Kissimmee for a dinner appointment with the other sisters at the Sikorsky's home. They're a less-active family Sister Enos was very close to while she was serving in Kissimmee. We had fun over there.

Saturday, we tracted for 3 hours and talked to 54 people . . . of which only 2 or 3 had any interest in the church. We taught Mae (that lady that we took the cake to last week) that night. She is ready to be baptized, but we're still waiting on those papers.

Sunday, we had a member (Giselle) who brought her boyfriend (Chadd) to church. He's come before but not since I've been here, until yesterday. Well, we will be teaching him starting on Wednesday. So we actually had a new investigator at church.

Then after church we met a woman named Maggie Mackey, who is visiting from Washington. She'll be here for about three weeks. She is a member but her niece, who happens to live in our area, is not and Maggie wants us to meet her. So, we're going to Singles FHE tomorrow to meet her. We didn't find out her name.

We didn't meet with Anna and Victor (the couple from Russia) this week, but she called us last night and we're meeting with them later tonight. And to top it all off, I have a cold. But don't worry, cause I'll be fine.

It rained really bad this morning. I think the rainy season may have started. It's still really hot.

I have a small request -- if anyone finds a CD called "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute" or something like that, could you buy it for me? I like that CD. Sister Crittenden and Sister Enos both have it, but I know that eventually I'll have to get my own copy if I want to listen to it. Also, I need sunglasses. The sun has been giving me headaches. Where can I find the clip-on kind that will fit my glasses?

That's all for now. Oh, this next week is already packed with appointments. Yay! We finally have people to teach. Keep up the missionary work at home. Remember I love all of your and pray for you.

Love,
Clarissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I copied this onto Clarissa's page now.