Saturday, May 03, 2008

Graduation

Hooray! I am now done with college. Let me start at the beginning of my day. I got up early and got ready to go. My roommate Rebecca nearly lost her honor cords, but she found them before we had to go. We all gathered in Chandler, which serves as the auditorium. We all lined up in pairs and eventually we headed out. It was a pretty nice day, not too hot, a bit of a breeze -- the wind really picked up afterwards and I lost my hat during the recessional. I was sitting next to the valedictorian; he was wearing a pair of bright blue and yellow Nikes. I thought it was highly amusing.

It was an alright ceremony. At the beginning, we were asked to stand and acknowledge the people who had supported us. I resisted the temptation to stand on my chair. The speeches were what you would expect during a graduation ceremony at a Mormon school. And the chairman of the board and his wife spoke.

It was very thrilling to stand and have the degree conferred, and then I got my diploma, and I was very happy to walk up and receive my diploma. My roommate took lots of pictures, but I'm not sure of what yet. Then I went to the reception for an hour or so to say good-bye to my friends and teachers.

I find it ironic that on the same day I receive my college degree I should be found bouncing a balloon off my head saying, "Boink! Boink!"

And right now I'm showing Summer videos of her cousins to keep her entertained while I type this. Do you know how hard it is to type with a toddler hanging on your arm?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how hard it is to type with a toddler hanging on your arm?


Yes. Yes I do.

Skippy said...

Good job Emily. We are proud of you. Jsohua can't wait to meet you.

Eric said...

Congrats Em!

We should see you soon. Enjoy the next phase of your life and savor the feeling of accomplishment. Well done sis.