Friday, May 07, 2004

News from Home

Dad and I have been busy getting names ready for the Temple. Our stake is having a BIG temple day on the 20th and they asked everyone to have their own names if possible. We have 46 people so far to do the work for. Tomorrow we're having a special baptism day. We have to be at the temple at 6:00 A.M. We'll have enough family names to share with all of you for awhile. We're starting to work on getting a bunch more ready to go.

Dad put in for his vacation time. It's from July 10th through the 25th. That should give us time for a nice vacation in Canada. I want to find where my Dad was born, if I can. It's in Rimbey, which is north of Calgary. We want to go to the temples in Cardston and in Edmonton. We also want to see the Canadian Rockies. There are several National Parks there. It will be new territory for all of us. Emily and Clarissa are planning on going, too.

I have a new calling at church. Both Clarissa and I are ward missionaries. I was released from Primary a couple of weeks ago. My biggest challenge thus far was setting up the meals for the Elders. They gave me their schedule after church on Sunday so I had to make the appointments via telephone. People sure are hard to catch.

The rest of our "spare time" is taken up trying to get things together for the weddings. Things are coming along. There is still plenty that needs to be done, though. I'm not, too panicked yet.

We love you all,
MOM and DAD

No comments: