Thursday, May 06, 2004

more work conferences

Okay, so this one was not so cool as the one in December with Colin Powell and Donald Rumsfeld, or in January with going to New Orleans. But it was much more effective for me, because I put myself on the map with one of the groups of officers. I always sit quietly in the policy meetings, and give Jeremy my notes later. This time, I had a basic phrasing edit, so I spoke up. Everyone looked at me like "She speaks!" Did I have any more suggestions? Oh yes, lots. At the end, the Chair told Jeremy that he wants me to be part of all of their policy conversations.

Next up is Annual Meeting in July - it's a HUGE conference with over 5000 people instead of 3-400. It seems that I'll have one MASSIVE project for EACH director in the next 2 months. Three. I don't know what Cheye's will be yet. Jeremy - backup research for two policies on the cultural arts - new material. Susan - the HUGE one - I'm writing the summary report on how the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reforms affect each state. I'm also writing the summary report for the new election reform that goes into effect with this fall's presidential election. Reading reading reading reading ... I might want to get off the blog and start that ...

And somewhere in there, I'm leaving for 2 weeks to get married. Am I CRAZY? Yes. Crazy for my sweetest boy. (And SEE? I DO have other things in my life besides Adam!) I've been working on the announcements off and on with printing, and tonight, I'm starting to put them together. Once they're in the mail next week, I can go back to the Master List and figure out what's left.

Adam aced his International Relations paper about North Korea. He's studying his brains out for Spanish on Saturday. (Who the heck schedules finals for the WEEKEND?) He has 3 papers due between today and next Tuesday, and then he's going to Florida for 5 days. THEN we can go outside and play. It's spring. It's time to play outside.

Eric, how did you sprain your ankle? Michelle, I'm excited to see you too, and I'm glad that Bryan is adjusting to his cast okay. Tawnia, congrats on EFY! Mindy, put snow in Adam's shoe on our first date cuz he deserved it - ha ha ha! Did I miss anything?

Love, Trina

No comments: