Monday, September 08, 2008

random Monday stuff

Just saying hello. We had a fun dinner with some friends in our ward last night, Natalie and Topher, and Jay and Jenna. Neither of them have kids yet but they're planning for within the next year, and they're great with our kids. Topher held Marnie all through dinner so Adam and I could eat, and he didn't even get a plate until everyone else was finished.

If you have a grill, here's our idea for you (and what we did for dessert last night): get fresh peaches (the yellow would be better than white), cut them in half and pull the pit. Then just put them cut side down on the grill for a few minutes and heat them up. Flip them back over when you take them off the grill, and watch the nectar come out in the middle where the pit used to be. Eat with vanilla ice cream - yum yum yum!!! (If there's more to it than this, Adam, please put it in the comments.)

Since starting my politics blog (which I also announced on my personal blog), I pretty much have politics on the brain. I'm taking my time getting those posts up because I'm trying to do a lot of research into what I write. That's the whole point of it - to be INFORMED. And still post at least every couple of days. I just put a post on it while the girls are down for their naps so it's quiet and I can type fast without anyone yanking on my arm or the keyboard.

But I'm still trying to post on all the different blogs at least once a week, so here I am on this one. On Monday. So here's an FHE thought:

A few weeks ago, one of my friends referenced this Ensign article on her blog. It's specifically about raising children, but of course it can be applied to any relationships. The bullet points are:

- Never underestimate the power of love.
- Sensitive discipline promotes responsive obedience.
- Have regard for free will.
- Create a family with vision.

Good luck with your families, whether it's the traditional or you build it yourself with roommates and friends.

No comments: