Sunday, September 21, 2008

Christmas Gift Exchange

I have an idea for the Christmas Gift Exchange, that is, if we are planning on doing one among the siblings again this year. I was thinking about how we had a theme last year and thought that it would be nice to have a theme for this years as well. So my idea for a theme is "My Memory of You" or something like that. I think it would be fun to think of a memory of that person and then get a gift that coincides with it. So if you remember going hunting with that person and shooting a deer you could get them a stuffed deer and write about how you remember doing that. (I used this example as I don't think any of us have that memory of each other!)

I was thinking that we could exclude Clarissa from the gift exchange for this year and all do something for her. Also, it would be nice if she knew what was happening and could type up a memory for each of us and not get us a gift, that way it would be a cost-free Christmas for her.

As far as Mom and Dad go, it is up to them if they want to do "memory" gifts for each of us or not, or they could just type up memories they have of each of us and we could do the same for them. I was just remembering the Christmas when we all typed up memories we had of each other and then they were printed and put in each of our stockings. I remember that for about ten minutes Christmas morning there was silence as we each read through the "memories" that others had had about us. I really enjoyed that and still have that paper somewhere.

Anyway, it's all just an idea. Your thoughts on it would be appreciated. And, again, the gift does not have to be anything expensive. It can be something that you already have, or something you make.

Okay, I expect replies to this!
Love,
Tawnia

2 comments:

Mindy Sebastian said...

I think that is an excellent idea. It would be nice to get memories from everyone, and just the gift from the actual exchange person.

Emily said...

What sort of memories would we want? I have so many for all my siblings. Could we narrow it down? Something maybe just between the two of us?

But yeah, great idea. Same to Mindilina.