Sunday, September 07, 2008

Loss of... what is it again?

Oh yeah! Memory. Amanda said that pregnancy has led to a loss of memory. She claims this happened last time but couldn’t quite remember. Here is a story of Amanda and her pregnancy memory.

We have several black pens that Amanda likes to use for filling out paperwork. Sometimes there are three or four sitting out on the table or desk. Except for when she needs them. Last Thursday we had a move-in and I was clearing off the table so Amanda could do the paperwork. I left the new resident’s paperwork on the table along with a black pen – both of which Amanda had placed there earlier.

Now my memory hasn’t been top notch ever since the accident so when Amanda got up from napping and came out of the restroom asking me where the pen was that she had left there I thought maybe I was going crazy. Hmmm… It sounds like Amanda was napping in the restroom. She wasn’t. She was napping in bed, and then came out here and then went in the restroom and then came out and enquired about the pen. I told her I left it on the table with the paperwork. She proceeded to dump out the folder and the pen was not there. I looked on the ground and on the table. I was reminded that every time Amanda needs a pen it is nowhere to be found.

Did I use it or move it between the time I put it with the paperwork and Amanda came out? (all of about 10 minutes.) No. It wasn’t me. It was Amanda. She took it with her into the bathroom to fill out a survey, and then came out to the dining room and adamantly blamed me for the missing pen. I had the last laugh though, because I was the one that remembered seeing Amanda with the survey in the restroom, so I was the one that found the pen.

I guess pregnancy does affect memory.

Amanda said that this story might not be as funny to others as it was to us so if it isn't funny it wasn't meant to be. If it is funny, good. It was supposed to be.

No comments: