Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to school

Well, we headed down from Maryland today. I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I didn't go out and see D.C., although we did go to the temple on Saturday, and I took Summer to the park more than once. (She can say "park" and "book" and "baby." Those are some of her favorite words.) So it was nice.

But now it's over, and I've got to get ready for the next couple of weeks. Here's what I have in store for me (in no particular order):

1. Rewrite 25-page research paper, which I haven't looked at since I finished the first draft.
2. Work. And the store is now open even later. Oh fun. I have thirteen hours this week, on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so I don't get a weekend at all.
3. Figure out my schedule for next semester, and hopefully arrange it so that I CAN graduate in May. This is causing me great distress.
4. Figure out how to pay for next semester.
5. Spend a couple of hours writing my latest story. November is novel writing month, after all, and I'm just getting up to the exciting part of the story.
6. The rest of my classes -- Am Civ, German, biology. And the stinking reading assignments for the senior paper class, which I really dislike.

I'm not feeling very happy right now.

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Cheer up Emily. There is life after college and like you said these are the things for the next couple of weeks. Take them one at a time and cross them off the list and you'll get through it.

Love ya,
MOM