Sunday, September 02, 2007

Why are college students such morons?

Okay, so my upstairs neighbors invited a bunch of people over for dinner, and we talked and we played a couple rounds of Mafia. Fun, fun.

Then I try to suggest playing some games from the Palmer Family Game book. Trying to get them to understand in the Manner of the Adverb was hard enough, and they decided not to play a game that singled someone out. Okay, I can deal with that. Then I try to suggest the Game of the States. One girl -- incidentally the blond -- says, in a rather disgusted tone, "History." Her roommate had to correct her; she meant geography. And the Game of the States has nothing to do with that anyway, but they wouldn't even let me explain. After being brushed aside for the second time in three minutes, I left. I knew if I stayed, I'd only get angry.

Any games in our book that one person can play alone?

No comments: