Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This week at work

Last night at work was . . . interesting. One person is on vacation, and another is injured, so there are fewer people who have to work. And yesterday, a bag of sugar was spilled; there was a nice pile in the stockroom. Then a stack of juice bottles fell . . . twice. And people kept paying with one dollar bills, so I ended up with almost a hundred of them in my drawer. Fun day, right? And I can't work on Wednesday, because I'm one of the officers in the history honor society (I'm the historian) and we need to have a meeting. And I want to go to W&L in order to get some primary sources for my paper. But I could be the only one who can come in on Thursday. And I've got a biology test on Friday, and next week there are tests in Am Civ and German. In German, I'm still having some problems with dative and accusative cases; most prepositions are one or the other, but there are some that are either/or (auf, an, hinter, vor, in, uber, unter, neben zwischen). Those who have taken German might know what I'm talking about. For those who don't, I'll put it simply. Thank goodness English only has one word for "the."

3 comments:

Skippy said...

so ... do you still work at the library.

Skippy said...

That last comment was a question.

Emily said...

Not anymore.