Monday, November 27, 2006

My Thanksgiving Break

Last week, Rebecca and I had a difficult time after one ride fell through, but fortunately we ended up finding a ride heading in the right direction. So we made up to D. C., finally. We spent all day Wednesday in the kitchen, and on Thursday, we had another visitor join us for dinner. I spent Friday working on a history paper that's due on Tuesday. Saturday, Rebecca and I took the Metro downtown, and we visited two Smithsonian museums -- Natural History (I love the geology exhibit) and the Air and Space Museum. American History is closed, but they have some displays up at Air and Space (such as the ruby slippers from The Wizard of Oz, J.E.B. Stuart's Civil War gun, and the Nauvoo sunstone). Sunday we went to church. And this morning, we headed back and made it to B. V. without any difficulties.

Concerning Christmas traditions -- I like caroling, and I like having Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and reading the Christmas story on Christmas Eve, and then opening up presents early on Christmas morning. I'll probably keep those traditions. I probably won't keep having everyone sleep around the tree on Christmas Eve, and I'll only number the presents if it's absolutely necessary.

No comments: