Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas is Coming

Good morning everyone. We had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving at Deb's. We taught them how to play "In the Manner of the Adverb" and laughed very hard, as usual. I made some pumpkin pie with Splenda, instead of sugar and you couldn't tell the difference. I also made a banana cream with sugar free pudding and some sugar free jello, so we got our sweets without the sugar.

Yesterday Dad and Clarissa and I braved the crowds at Wal-Mart and got a few things for Christmas. Clarissa got a job for Christmas but I'll let her tell you about that. Nathan and Amanda stayed here after Thanksgiving and worked on their Christmas project. Amanda commented how funny it is that no one seems to be asking for Christmas lists this year from all the family. It looks like everyone has some project that they're working on, or they haven't gotten around to asking yet. My projects are basically finished, so I reached my goal of getting them done before Thanksgiving. We set up our tree and got it decorated but we have the rest of the decorating to do and lots more shopping.

I would like to ask a Christmas question this year. What traditions, from your childhood, do you plan on keeping for your own families and what ones do you want to change? I remember one time when my Dad came to visit at Christmastime and he commented, "We always opened gifts on Christmas Eve." I told him, "Yes Dad, but WE open them on Christmas morning." I'm curious what your family traditions are or what you think they'll be.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Love,
MOM

No comments: