Tuesday, December 11, 2007

other blogs

A bunch of friends have recently started blogs for pictures of their kids, and I've been asked when I'm going to start one. At first, I thought that I wouldn't because I have THIS blog and the sisters blog ... but pretty much only our family reads them because otherwise my friends would have to sift through your posts, and your friends would have to skip over my posts, etc. So I will probably succumb soon and start my own blog to write about the girls, so friends and the Caudle side have something they can go to. (But I won't use the blog for pictures, because that's what the webpage is for - I will link to it from the blog.)

And yes, I have noticed that siblings here have their own blogs ... I would just like to point out that having your own blog does NOT mean that you can STOP posting on THIS one. Hardly anyone has been posting here lately. Yes, I check the personal blogs, but honestly, it's a lot easier for me to check just ONE instead of 5 or 10 or 20 or however many we'll end up with. I do have some comments for the personal blogs that I thought I'd stick here so the comments don't get missed, and so there's some traffic here.

JARED: On your goals, you said you wanted to be a Scouter, and you accomplished that this month. Congratulations, but what's a Scouter? And yes, I noticed which goal items you lifted from my list.

TAWNIA: I meant to mention this before - I did a 3-in-1 date when I lived in Monmouth. 6 of us had dinner and went to Les Miserables in Portland. It was one of the first dates that Aaron and April (Ward) Brewster went on, but at the time, Aaron and I were trying to get April set up with his roommate Joseph. And look what happened - HA! And who is the guy who asked YOU out last weekend? Woo hoo!!

NATHAN: Yes, you do need to make sure to keep track of what Joshua does, whether it's on a blog or in a journal or whatever. I did pretty well the first year about Summer in a journal, but I'm behind now. And I haven't really started Rosemary's. Oops. One of my projects for the new year - get their journals caught up, and then maintain them at least monthly. It's the Sunday project that I haven't gotten really off the ground yet.

AMANDA: Nathan does the laundry? Really? Lucky! Adam does the laundry when I ask him, but he's never home to ask. (Besides, if I had to choose, I'd rather that he help in the kitchen, which he does.) I would have to agree that Joshua "wears the pants in the family" as far as controlling the schedule. Summer and Rosemary do around here, that's for sure.

And speaking of their schedule controlling my life ... naptime is over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Scouter is an adult leader in the scouting program.

Anonymous said...

And in my defense, I post here just as often as I post on my own blog.

Michelle said...

This blog has had 8 post since anyone in my family has posted on the Stovall family blog. This Palmer family blog is truly kickin.