Monday, December 10, 2007

Bargain shopping and musical numbers

This last weekend was pretty . . . interesting. I did some shopping, some Christmas presents, toilet paper, candy canes -- things like that. So I had $11 worth of merchandise. But I had a ten percent discount. And a $10 gift certificate. So, all I paid for that was 31 cents.

Afterwards, I went to the ice cream parlor to see a performance by the show choir, Encore. My roommate Rachel was playing the piano to accompany them. It was pretty fun. And right after that, I went to the orchestra concert. Rebecca had a solo piece on the English horn. It was really good.

Afterwards, my roommates and pseudo-roommates (there are a couple of girls that frequently come over, Isolde and Krista) were practicing playing "Ring Out, Wild Bells." Two bassoons, an oboe, and a flute. They suggested that I sing along with them, even join them the next day at church. So I did. I had to sing very loudly and clearly, or I doubt anyone would have heard me.

Well, today I've got to study my German and Am Civ, since I have those finals tomorrow, and then there's biology on Friday. Considering my previous weeks, this one is fairly relaxing.

No comments: