Monday, June 25, 2007

Manti/Zion

So I have been having many adventures this summer. Last Wednesday I went to the Manti Pageant. It was nice to go on a week night because it is a lot less crowded (so I hear.) It really wasn't bad. We still didn't get home until around 1 a.m. though.

Then over the weekend (Friday and Saturday) I went to Zion National Park with a few friends. We ended up hiking up the Virgin River. Literally in the river. The hike is called the Narrows. We were going to start at the top and hike all the way down (It's only 16 miles) but we figured that we didn't have time to do the whole thing... so we just hiked in for 3 and 1/2 hours.... and then out for 1 and 1/2 hours. Yeah, that's how it worked. Hiking in we were going UP stream, so coming out was much easier. After that I was absolutely exhausted and extremely sore, but it was fun.

Yesterday was Stake Converence. We had some really good talks and it was nice. In the evening I went visiting teaching.

Today I had a job interview. It is for a part time job teaching science to 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders at a private school. It would be 8 hours a week. So not a lot, but I'd still be teaching. (I would most likely just do that for two days each week and then sub for the other three days in the week.) I am still waiting to hear back from USU. My biggest frustration right now is that I have not received any mail in the last week and just found another little "vacant" sign in my mailbox. It's like the mail people think I don't exist. (Neither do the male people for that matter.) I crossed off the word vacant and put my name on it and then taped it to the front of my mailbox. I'm hoping that the postal service will get the hint.

Tonight, as Mindy pointed out, is my dance recital. I'm sure I'll perform flawlessly (haha). It should be fun.

Happy Birthday Adam! And Happy Anniversary to Nate and Manda (as I'm sure I probably won't make it to the library tomorrow.)

Love,
Tawnia

No comments: