Friday, June 22, 2007

Hellos

So I've had this new job for a week. Things are finally slowing down a bit, and after this weekend the whole store should be back in order. Sunday night they're having a cleaning "party" and having a bunch of people in there to clean under the racks, and finally finish getting everything out on the racks and in order. Alas, I won't be there (hello, it's Sunday!) but I'll see all their work on Monday. Should be nice to actually see how the store is supposed to be. In the meantime, I spend a lot of hours putting things in order, but I like that. I'd rather have a project to be working on than running the register - not that it's hard, but I look at the clock when I'm up there! Last night I was shown how to close, tonight I'll review, make sure I know what I'm doing, because Monday I'm on my own! I'll have someone else there, at the store, but they're newer than I am, so I'll be in charge of taking care of the money and locking the door and everything. AHH! It isn't hard, it's just having to learn how they do it.

One of the perks of this job is running into people. After not being in town for four years, it's fun to see who comes into the store. Sometimes I catch glimpses of people, and think I recognize them, but then I realize that the person I'm thinking of is from Utah, and it's not likely that they'd be walking into the store! So anyway, I've run into Lindsey Potter and her mom and son; Fern and Edith Belnap; one of the Parker sisters (with Audrey and her 2-week old son); Joey Beardan with his girlfriend/wife(?) and their two kids (this would be the boy I had my first crush on in elementary school); and Jamie Riley! Mom and I were just talking about Jamie right before she left. We saw eachother and she said, "Hi Mindy!" I was just amazed that she remembered my name, and not just as a Palmer. She said her family is doing great and that Brooks just graduated high school and is going into the marines. Of course, she said to say hello to the family, so HELLO!

Beyond work I haven't been doing much. I spend a lot of time on the computer, either doing my own art projects or helping out Mom and Dad with the slide project. I'm still looking for a dance class in the area, but I don't quite have the money to start taking it anyway! After next weeks 40 hours, which will probably continue for quite a while, I'll have the money soon.

No comments: