Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Birthday, Joshua! And Confrence.

Sorry it's a day late, Joshua, but there is a time difference here, and by the time I got the phone call, the library was closed. I can't believe I actually guessed within forty-five minutes of your birth time. But I don't think anyone thought you would weigh almost eight pounds. You're a big baby boy, and you're so cute. Thanks for getting those pictures up. Ah, the wonders of technology!

Anyway, I attended General Conference today, and I hope you all did as well. It was really good. The afternoon session in the Tabernacle was neat. I remember sitting on one of those hard benches -- right behind a pillar. And I remember seeing the Young Women's conference from the balcony. I remember when President Hinckley walked into the Young Women's conference, and we all stood up and were still. I don't think I'll ever forget that.

If I can be bold enough to ask a question: Do you have any special memories of the Tabernacle?
Here's another question: Which talk (or talks) stood out to you? Elder Bednar gave the parable of the pickle, and Elder Holland spoke about controlling the tongue. I wrote down his maxim: "No hardship is so terrible that whining about it won't make it worse." And Elder Scott gave a beautiful talk on prayer and being patient while waiting for answers. But I was most deeply impressed by the talk by one of the Seventy on the memory and remembering.

No comments: