Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Joy to the World!!!

Hello everyone. I hope that you're all doing well. Since I had trouble posting comments on the girls' blog last time I figured I'd just ask Trina here. Oh yes... and thank her for the blanket and clothes for Joshua. We appreciate them very much and it is going to be hard to give that blanket to Joshua and not just keep it . . . anyway. My question for you is about the recipe that didn't make it into your journal: what was it? The only clues I have are that it gave Adam bad heartburn and you didn't like the combination of flavors. If I were to guess it would be chili noodle soup. Or maybe acid reflux delight – but that could be a combination of any heartburning ingredients.

So how come Dad and Laurel don’t have logins on the side of the page? I was noticing that for four days nobody posted and thought that was strange because a billion people can post on the page. That is when I counted and noticed only twelve people were listed on the side there. Missing was Dad, Laurel, Brooke, Bryan, Stevie, and Summer. I realize that the three youngest may have trouble with typing and reading . . . and maybe even the oldest – just joking dad – but they all have people that can read and type for them. If only we knew how to spell baby noises.

We had a nice break from the rain these last couple of days. However it has returned. For the first time yesterday I saw Oregon’s state bird. They make a similar song to a red-winged blackbird but don’t look much like them. For those that don’t know, Oregon’s bird is the Western Meadowlark – brown on the back with yellow under-parts and a black band across the chest. I heard it first but couldn’t find it forever. I’ve seen more bald eagles in Oregon than I have Oregon’s bird. What’s up with that?

For those of you who don’t know, Amanda and I got the apartment manager position which we will start in May. It is here in Salem next to one of the parks that I have often gone to looking for birds. We drove to Portland just over a week ago and had the interview and walked out with the papers to get the pre-employment drug test. If you want a drug test story ask me. Since I don’t think everyone wants to here it, I won’t type it. Fortunately we don’t have to go to Portland again. The office was right in downtown next to Pioneer Square and the roads are narrow and one-way, there are too many people, cyclists which come out of no where, and trams that go right along through the streets. Oh how I love Salem.

Joshua is not coming yet – though Amanda is ready. We went to the doctor yesterday and the doctor said not yet but he is head down. So keep up the prayers and thoughts because he’s still cookin’.

Nathan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since this blog has been upgraded to "new blogger", their names will reappear when they go in and upgrade their accounts.