Monday, March 26, 2007

Thanks

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes everyone! I really appreciated them. Trina wanted me to post what I did for my birthday so here goes.

Thursday was the last day of the third term so I decided to start the partying that day. At school I gave the students that had completed all of their writing assignments an extra recess (it was about 40 minutes long) and I went out with them. I had my assistant stay inside and work with the kids that had work to complete. Then that afternoon my room mom came and we had a party for the entire afternoon. It was a surprise for the kids, but I think they thought it was really a surprise party for me. We had lots of cake and ice cream and then played musical chairs and a game where you try to unwrap a present with gloves on. Some of my kids said it was the most enjoyable history and science lessons they ever had. (It said history and science on our schedule.) Thursday night was tap and ballet. I was pretty hyper through both classes, but still enjoyed them.


On Friday I had a training meeting in the morning and then had to finish up my report cards that afternoon. I had actually kept things up to date on the computer this term, so it only took about an hour to finish things up on those. Then I went and did my laundry and went to the store to get some last minute things for the weekend. That night Mindy and I went on a triple date with our friend Natalie. First we had dinner (chicken enchiladas) with just Mindy and her date and me. Then we drove into Provo and met up with the others at Natalie's house. From there we walked over to Comedy Sportz. It was a very enjoyable show. I laughed a lot which is what they want you to do.

Saturday morning I had a few friends (all girls) over for breakfast. We had muffins and smoothies. (Mindy had spent most of Friday baking.) Then Mindy and I went to Orem and did some shopping. We walked around the pet store (it made me want a puppy) and then went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We'd never been there so we figured we could go and walk around. I got a really nice blanket and a little massage thing. Next we hit a few clothes stores... but all we bought were some cool camo pants. We plan to bring them to Cali if we make it down there this summer. We bought lunch at Wendy's on the way home and then came home to relax a bit. Mindy then made four dozen cupcakes and a regular cake. The cupcakes were for my party that night. We had a small group to begin with but as the night went on more people from my ward showed up. We ended up with about 15 people and we played "Scum" for awhile. Then at midnight they all sang happy birthday and it took me several blows to get all the candles out.

Sunday, my actual birthday, I went to church. After the meetings we had a "break the fast" meal as a ward. It was lasagna (almost as good as Mom's) and Mindy brought the left over cupcakes and the cake (which was a jell-o cake) for everyone to have. And after I got home I spent the rest of the day talking on the phone with all of you.

And that is what I did for my birthday.
Love,
Tawnia

No comments: