Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hello from Emily

This weekend has been wonderful. I went to Orson Scott Card's writing workshop. Yes, I've heard a lot of what he's said before, but we also heard from other speakers, such as one man, Jake Black, who writes the backs of trading cards. We did one exercise called a Thousand Ideas session, where we had a man . . . age 35 . . . who lives with a jealous . . . pet . . . chinchilla. Everyone would call out suggestions, and he'd write them down, and I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt. Then we had him living in his parent's basement . . . no, room over the garage . . . no, a shed in the back yard. Does this give you an idea of what it was like?

We also learned about the publishing market and revising. It was very interesting and I believe that it was worth my time.

Concerning Mom posing the question, that is fine with me. If you'd like something to e-mail to me -- though it would have to be here by Friday since on Saturday I'm leaving for Boston and won't be back for a week -- I did have a theme that I thought of during our Relief Society lesson.
The theme is temples. Here is a question you may want to ponder: How did you prepare yourself to enter the temple? If you can e-mail me the response before Friday, I will mail it to Clarissa.

I love you all!

1 comment:

Frank and Evelyn said...

OK now you have two questions to answer but mine was here first so please answer it first. There is a time limit on this one. I want it to her before Easter.
Love, MOM