Friday, March 07, 2008

Getting ready to go

Hi, all. I'm getting ready to go to Boston. Trying to figure out how to get from point A to point Z. I still need to pack, but I'll travel light -- one pair of pants (maybe I'll bring my jeans for the last couple of days because they're really not going to let us actually wear jeans or anything -- people are apparently snobs in Boston and we must make a good impression and be snobs too, even if this means wearing the same outfit for a week -- and no, we can't do laundry), one skirt, a couple of shirts, one sweater, one jacket, one coat, one hat, two or three pairs of shoes (like I'll go hiking all across Boston in my Sunday shoes!) . . . I wonder how my slacks would look with my sneakers.

I'm trying to get some homework done ahead of time so when I get back all I'll have to completely stress out over is the senior exam. And then a paper due. And then more tests. And then actually figuring out what to do with my life afterwards.

Well, I'd better get going. We're supposed to have everything ready to go so we can leave in the middle of the night just to visit Emily Dickenson's museum.

I may hate literary works (and literary snobbery) even more by the time this trip is done.

On the other hand, I do fully intend to visit all the historical sites that I can. I was just trying to determine the best route between the Old North Church Museum of Fine Arts. Fortunately, the museum appears to be on a train line.

No comments: