Friday, August 24, 2007

Running around

Well, school has now started, and so today I was rather busy. Okay, so classes started yesterday, and I had one, in which we were assigned 77 pages of reading and a short paper on it by Tuesday. Go figure. There are only six people in that class; half of us are writing 25-page research papers.

Today, I had biology. The class was huge -- well huge for this school, meaning over 40 people showed up. There will be two lab sections, but we meet together for the lecture. Then I had to buy a few supplies (namely notebooks . . . and chocolate) before I headed off to listen to the president of the university ramble. It went over (again, go figure), so I didn't have much time to eat lunch and I was a couple minutes late for German, also because I couldn't find it. Class consists of nine girls and Steve. (Two other guys who were in the class are on missions; I hear they're MTC companions before going to Frankfurt.)

After German, I had some other errands to do -- sign up to see the play this weekend ("The Crucible"), and check in at the financial aid office, and buy one more textbook that wasn't there on Tuesday. And now I'm checking some stuff on the computer.

This evening, there's a barbecue hosted by the Institute.

Well, this gives me an idea of how busy days are going to be from here on out. No more time for playing around on my computer all day. I haven't even gotten to the reading quite yet, but I intend to have a chapter read before dinner.

Eric and Laurel, wish Stevie a happy birthday for me, since I doubt he can read this.

-- Emily

No comments: