Sunday, August 12, 2007

help on a project for Summer

First of all, happy birthday to Bryan a day late. Sorry about that. I meant to call yesterday, but things got a bit out of control around here. As usual. I did go through the party pictures - looks like everyone had a great time!

The project assistance is for a quiet book I want to make for Summer for church. She's getting to the stage where sitting (or playing) quietly through sacrament meeting is more and more of a chore. Her regular books and quiet toys are getting boring for her. So my thought is to have some specific things just for church. She does like looking at our photo albums, so I'm going to make a small family album with pictures of all of her aunts and uncles and cousins. One reason is of course to keep her quiet in church. The other reason is to familiarize her with all of your faces - when we finally are able to visit everyone (hopefully before the 2009 reunion), you're not complete strangers to her.

Now, there are lots of pictures of the cousins here on the website, but very few (if any) current pictures of all the grownups. So that's what I'm looking for here. I don't need individual shots of everyone - group/family pictures are fine. So if everyone could send me some CURRENT pictures in the next couple of weeks or so - either snail mail or email, I don't really care which (or refer me to your favorite pictures on the website) - I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise, I will be forced to draw stick figures, and you don't want that.

I was originally planning to do this as a Christmas gift for Summer, but Adam and I think it would better to have it sooner rather than later. Summer is really getting antsy about halfway through sacrament meeting, and has taken to crawling under the benches to the front of the chapel. Good thing we usually sit in just the 4th row or so.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help!