Friday, January 19, 2007

Winter Day

A perfect winter day.... hmmm...

When I was younger I would have said that it included having snow, so that we didn't have to go to school... but school doesn't get canceled for snow here.

The perfect winter day would be one when it's been a few days since the snowstorm, so that the roads are clear, and that I don't have to work. It would be sunny and warm enough that I can go outside without having my nose-hairs freeze. I think the perfect winter day would be spent in front of a roaring fire, with a pile of books that I really want to read. It would also include lots of hot chocolate. It would also include a walk through the snow, maybe even snowshoeing. (I don't know since I've never been snowshoeing.) It would not inlcude hurling myself down a mountain on anything (sled, skis, snowboard, etc.)

So my question is... did Mom and Dad have to go back to school this week? How's the winter weather in other parts of the country (Texas, California, Virginia, D.C.)? It has been extremely COLD here.... highs in the teens and lows in the negatives. I don't even send the kids out to recess because it is to cold out. On the other hand, it hasn't snowed since last weekend, so that's nice.

Tawnia

2 comments:

Frank and Evelyn said...

Dad had to work all week, but Tueday and Wednesday he only worked 6 hours because the school was closed. He went in after the sun was up. Amity was also closed on Tuesday and Wednesday as well as last Thursday, so I've had three snow days. There's no more snow in the forecast.

Eric said...

Having both skied and shoeshoed, I can say with certainty that skiing is much easier and much more fun than snowshoeing.