Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My new calling

Yes, I have a new calling, and I've done it for about three weeks, despite the fact that I have yet to be sustained. They're a bit slow in Yamhill at times. Yes, Yamhill. If you didn't know, I defected.

My calling is to help with the girl's achievement -- girls ranging in age from eight to eleven. The first week they were coloring charts for family night. This week, they painted pumpkins. I helped with squirting paint and cleaning things up. One girl added a lot of paint to her pumpkin, including the stem. She also got paint on her nose. She put on so much that even after the snack (pumpkin pie -- no surprise there) the paint had not dried so she had trouble carrying it. And she dropped it in the hallway, and it rolled along, leaving splotches of gray and orange paint behind. I think we got it all out of the carpet.

No comments: