Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall Break

Today and tomorrow I don't have to go to work. It is our "fall break" and I have been VERY much in need of it! Unfortunately I have a mile-long list of things to get done over the weekend.

My car needs it's oil changed, tires rotated, and it needs a good cleaning... I want to go through all the papers and stuff that gets stashed in there and throw out the stuff I don't need. Poor Petey has been neglected lately. Part of the reason I'm needing to do that is because I'm going to be giving a couple of my students rides to and from school (and getting paid some gas money for doing it! Woohoo! The way gas prices are right now I'm in serious need of help with gas.)

I also need to get my apartment all cleaned up. Not for any particular reason other than that it's getting messy and I need to clean it up. (Messy being defined as dishes sitting in the sink and the bathroom really does need to be scrubbed down.) And I need to do several loads of laundry. And it would be nice to go through and clean some stuff out of my room and organize things.

Other than that I need to make sure I have lessons planned at least for this next week of school. I want to try and have things planed out from now until Thanksgiving, but I don't think that will happen. And I need to grade some math papers and get my on-line gradebook updated.

And I also want to be able to relax and have some fun... I am supposed to go out to eat with my friend, Laurel, at some point either today or tomorrow. I'm also going to go see a play with my friend, Janee, on Saturday evening. That and just chilling at home and reading a book or watching a movie and knitting (I'm currently working on Rosemary's blanket.) Oh, or practice my guitar!

I need to get as much of the above done today and tomorrow because on Saturday I have a retreat with my choir. Did I tell you that I tried out for a choir? We do firesides, though apparently not any until January. I had to audition for it. It was the first audition I have been to in six or more years... it was pretty nerve wracking. I got in and I'm very excited! I've been needing something more in my life, some way to share my talents and express myself, so I'm excited about this.

So all of that is my fall break... which is just a four day weekend! I must get busy on things soon. And I'm watching my friend's two pet rats for her while she is in St George for the break. They are named Niya and Flower. They aren't to bad, just wake me up with strange noises sometimes, but I'm dealing with it.

No comments: