Monday, October 13, 2008

Celebration

I'm ready to celebrate. I am finally done canning pears, (and everything else until my apples are ripe enough). I was given several boxes of Bosc Pears and just got the last of them canned and I've filled every jar I own. I'm not sure what I'll use for the applesauce. Maybe I'll have enough empty jars by then.

I have also purchased my plane ticket for Texas. I'll be there Nov.1 thru 15. The baby should certainly be born before I come home. She'll probably arrive before I leave here. I'm excited to see them all again.

Now that I can take a break from canning, I should be able to get busy making the blessing dress. Then I'll start on my Christmas projects. I have plenty to do.

I may even have time to post on here, occasionally or to update some pages.

Love ya,
MOM

2 comments:

Skippy said...

Filled all the jars, huh? I think some of them belong to me, so we might need to come and get them ... pears included. Congratulations on getting the canning done. Have fun in Texas, and don't forget we reserved you for March through May.

Frank and Evelyn said...

I'll gladly share the pears but remember they're canned with splenda.

As for being on reserve. I don't mind that at all. That's why I retired - so I can be a full time Grandma.