Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Christmas exchanges

All 3 of the boys emailed me and said that they're in for the gift exchanges, so here's the name draw that I just did:

Trina and Adam - to Mindy (and Aaron?)
Eric and Laurel - to Emily
Jared and Michelle - to Tawnia
Tawnia - to Eric and Laurel
Emily - to Nathan and Amanda
Nathan and Amanda - to Trina and Adam
Mindy - to Jared and Michelle

Clarissa is out of the exchange because of being on her mission - I hope that everyone will at least send her some cookies and a card in December, if not a small gift. I'll email her as soon as I'm done with this post to tell her what's going on.

Tawnia suggested that we do some kind of memory gift - a small item related to a memory you have of that person. You're welcome to make something that costs no money at all, or spend a small amount. Nothing extravagant of course, not that anyone can afford to compete for the "best" gift anyway.

ALSO, if everyone could write memories of everyone else ... how do we want to work that organizing? Everything gets emailed to Mom and she organizes it and sends it back out? Or just put it in an envelope and stick it in with your Christmas cards? Hmm. Actually, I kind of like the idea of getting a bunch of different letters - I will mail all of mine individually.

Everyone else can do this as they have time, but I wanted to throw it out there that I will also write memory letters for each of the spouses. It would be nice to have them for Adam as well, but nothing is "required" or should feel like it's an obligation. Participate in the memory letters as your life permits.

Book exchange for the grandkids - if you can't/don't want to buy books, I think it would be fun to make them for each other. Either way is fine:

Brooke - to Stevie
Bryan - to Joshy
Stevie - to Marnie
Summer - to Bryan
Joshy - to Summer
Allie - to Brooke
Marnie - to Emma
Emma - to Allie

Yes, the sibling exchange was a blind draw. I tweaked the kids a little to make sure they were not giving to a sibling - the point is to have an exchange between cousins.

Did I get everything?

1 comment:

Mindy Sebastian said...

Trina - considering they are likely to be memory gifts, and you haven't even met Aaron yet, you don't need to include him in the gift exchange. He wouldn't mind though, I'm sure.