Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Quick note from Emily

Just thought I'd write a quick note in between preparing for a presentation tomorrow (on Japanese printing) and heading off to German class. Things are going all right. I did enjoy conference. I really liked Elder Wirthlin's talk. Classwork is keeping me pretty busy. I still have a couple of books to read before the end of the semester. It's so strange to think that I'll be done with classes in just a couple more weeks. (April 24th is the last day of classes, and then finals are the next week.)

Last week, my German class went on a field trip to a restaurant that served real German food. It was really good -- I got schweinbraten (roast pork) with noodles and apfelkuchen (a really sweet apple crumb cake). I tasted the red cabbage, which my teacher loved.

People keep asking me what I intend to do after graduating. I have some long-term plans -- go to grad school and get a masters in library science, and become a novelist, but my short-term plans -- I don't know what I'll be doing in June.

No comments: