Sunday, April 13, 2008

Birds

So yesterday I had gotten home from a friend's house and knew that my roommate was not home and I heard a noise coming from my bathroom. I went into the bathroom a bit freaked out, thinking that possibly someone was hiding in my shower. Fortunately that was not the case. It sounded like the noise was in the apartment, but it was coming from near the wall behind the dryer. I then stepped outside the apartment to look and see if there was someone messing around outside and watched a bird fly out of the dryer vent. I ran the dryer for awhile in the hopes that that would scare them all away.... and then didn't hear much else until...

This morning I woke up to the same noise along with the sound of birds in my bathroom. I cautiously went in and tried to make enough noise to scare them out. I banged on the dryer, and then ran the dryer, and instead the bird made lots of happy chirping sounds. Yes, I am afraid a bird has taken up residency in my dryer vent tube.

So I told Emily about this and she is freaked out. She is terrified about having birds fly around her head while she is in the shower. She is in there now.... I didn't realize she had this fear. I think we just need to call the landlords who are aptly named "The Birds" and tell them to remove these fine-feathered friends.... before we cook them (by running the dryer a lot that is). I am not against birds, I am just against them being in my dryer vent.

Yeah, I'll have to tell you how it all turns out, once we have this taken care of.

No comments: