Saturday, January 29, 2011

I didn't intend for us - the kids - to make plans in their behalf, particularly the WHAT and WHEN. I thought it would be nice to have a fast together in support of their decision-making process, and encourage them to work towards a mission. I talked to Mom yesterday on the phone and she said that the target is the summer of 2014. Yeah, it's 3 1/2 years off, but still, it's a specific target out there.

I do think that us kids will be involved in the HOW - missions are expensive. Mom and Dad are confident right now that their retirement and government programs and all will cover the money aspect of a mission. I'm less confident in those sources of income because of what I'm observing from the government's/country's current and potential financial situation. And even if they can pay for it themselves, I still plan to help because they helped pay for my mission. And I can plan my own finances to accommodate that if I know at least the WHEN.

No comments: