Friday, July 06, 2007

Changes

My fourth was fun. I was up super early (5-ish) and headed out to Provo at 6 a.m. I went to the balloon festival and watched the hot air balloons get sent off. Then I went to the staging grounds of the parade. I got to hold on to a giant yellow care bear. Anyone know which bear that would be? It was actually the most fun I've ever had being in (or even watching) a parade. I highly recommend doing that if you get the opportunity. After we had finished walking the group of us that had walked that balloon played Ultimate Frisbee for an hour and a half. I finally got home around 1 pm absolutely exhausted. I spent several hours relaxing in the cool air of my swamp cooler and then left my place around 8:30 to go and watch the fireworks. I watched those with my friend Amanda and her friend Erik. It was a pretty good show, though I wish it had been longer. We waited for an hour or more afterwards before we even walked back to our cars... and the traffic was STILL insanely crazy. (It only took me 21 minutes to get home though.) The worst part was getting around one corner.

Then yesterday I was asked to babysit. I was babysitting for a family that I know through my old job. The parents had to go to Manti because some relative was going through the temple. I got to play with the four kids. In the midst of that I got a phone call from the school where I'll be teaching this fall. They want me to do science for Kindergarten and first grade also. That puts me up to 13 or 14 hours each week. (10 hours of teaching and then 3 or 4 of prep.) I was actually hoping that would happen. I also got the letter letting me know I was accepted to USU. And then last night my friend, Emily, said she wanted to move in, in August. So all the stuff that I've been waiting to figure out is finally starting to fall into place. I still need to figure out financial aid for school and some other stuff... but things are starting to get worked out.

Tomorrow I'm driving Sarah up to Rexburg so she can start school. It will be a very quick trip. Up on Saturday, taking her all over to make sure she's set for school on Monday, and then driving back down Sunday morning so I can make it to my ward. I promised that we'd have choir practice this week... so I have to be there for that. Plus Monday is our stake's lagoon day (you get discounted tickets for Lagoon) so I am going to go and do that.

Anyway, that's all my news. I hope everyone is happy and healthy. Congrats on the job Emily, I'm glad you were finally able to pee in that cup. (he he)
Tawnia

No comments: