Tuesday, May 01, 2007

rooooad trip!!

I've been plotting a road trip for this month, and today I got in contact with a friend to stay with. So now I can REALLY start planning. Hooray! The schedule is that Adam finishes his finals on Fri. the 11th. The next week, we'll be home and getting ready for Summer's birthday party on the 19th. Also, the weekend of the 19th, we have some friends coming in for a couple of days from North Carolina. That next Monday, we'll drop them off at the airport for a 2-week vacation to South Africa, and then head out ourselves to Virginia Beach. One of my old roommates from Ricks lives down in that area now - she just moved there last year. It's about 3 hours south of here. Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown are all right there as well. We would come home the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and skip out on all the crowds and traffic, and then Adam starts the summer semester on Tues. the 29th (which goes until the end of July, and then 2 or 3 weeks off before fall starts). I'm excited about just getting out of the city - we've only taken day trips in the last year, and not taken any major trips since the reunion last summer.

AND we're planning to go up to Cape Cod for the 4th of July. Adam might add another class for the summer semester - once he makes that decision, we can figure out the dates to go north. Beth Tracy's parents live on the Cape and go out on Nantucket Sound in their boat to watch the fireworks every year.

Manda, it is fun when the baby starts responding to you, isn't it? I remember the first time Summer looked at me and smiled - not just smiling in general, but specifically smiling at ME. I about cried. She was almost 2 months old when that happened. Yay for little babies! I hope he does keep his red hair.

No comments: