Friday, April 09, 2004

So much for "no wedding planning" this week

It's been an insane week at work, but now I get a bit of a break because Congress is gone for Easter break all next week. Hooray! I can get caught up! I was feeling pretty overwhelmed last week so I asked that no one (particularly the two moms) talk to me at all about the wedding ... it helped a lot with my focus. Thank you thank you thank you.

A few major things were taken care of this week. Adam and I found an apartment, and I move in on April 30. I will email the new address, effective May 1. We really like it. We have a home! YA HOO! The main phone for both of us will be my cell because it's a local number for DC. (His cell is a Florida number.) The soonest we'll get a land line is after the honeymoon. AND Beth and I fitted my dress. I'm amazed that Elsa was able to get it so perfect based on a list of measurements and a description over the phone. It's exactly what I want, and it fits!! Only two seams need to be adjusted, and we marked for the neckline, the length of the sleeves, and the hem. ALSO, we took more pictures but I doubt they'll be good enough for the announcements. They're with the cherry blossoms on the Tidal Basin, but it was super cold and really windy. We'll see.

Have a great Easter weekend!

No comments: