Thursday, March 18, 2004

the adventure begins ...

I'm going to be a rebel and NOT put my name in the header - I'm sure you can all figure out who I am. OR ... you could just LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST! It's not like people are posting novels, forcing you to scroll to read the whole thing. Sheesh.

Anyway, Tawnia got here to DC safe and sound. Her "real life in DC" adventure (as opposed to being a tourist) started this morning - there was an electrical fire in the subway tunnel on the line we take that completely closed it down, so Adam drove me and Beth to work (and Tawnia to go around the Mall). Downtown traffic is horrific, but taking the bus would have been even worse. Our meandering route to try to avoid the worst traffic areas took us past the White House, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Kennedy Center. Tawnia is now at the Postal Museum, a block from my office, and we'll have lunch at Union Station in another couple of hours.

No comments: