Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tawnia's question

Good thought, Tawnia ... and maybe it's time we have a discussion about this entire website - what we want to do with it as a repository of information along with any concerns for privacy/security with kids pictures on it (or not), especially since most of us have our own blogs now and even those have been barely utilized since we all got on Facebook.

I'd like to go on record that I'm really starting to dislike Facebook in general. I could get into a huge rant about how I think it's perpetuating an imitation of communication and Adam's thoughts about how it's a sociologist's nightmare, but I'll spare you. I will say, though, that it's a huge time-sucker for me and it's becoming increasingly disturbing. The only reason I haven't canceled my account is because of you guys. All of Mindy and Aaron's wedding pictures are on it, Jared's pictures of Israel, videos of Eric's and Nathan's kids, etc ... Yes, I've relocated some friends from high school and college, and that's been nice but certainly not life-changing or anything. And if I'd like to continue contact with any of them individually, I certainly have other avenues to do so. And WE certainly have other communication methods available to our family, most of which I need to take better advantage of - like this blog and website.

All this to say ... I hope we don't kill the blog or the website. I'm not entirely sure what we should do with them, but we should talk about it. And I hope we don't resort to Facebook as our family's main form of communication.

No comments: