Monday, December 29, 2008

My birthday

I would like to thank everyone with birthday calls (Trina, it was so nice hearing Rosemary talk), cards (including an e-mailed card), presents, and wishes for a happy birthday. Thank you.

We had the cake and birthday dinner on Saturday, because Nathan, Amanda, Joshua, and Tawnia were going to Salem for the weekend. And then on Sunday, I went to church. The Primary kids sang happy birthday. Eric made Chinese. Then Aunt Marli, Sarah, and certain Dicksons came over in the evening. We had great fun playing "In the Manner of the Adverb." Sam was great -- he held hands with his wife hungrily and pulled weeds reverently. And I had great fun brushing my teeth suspiciously and watching a movie defiantly. It was so funny.

I hope you all are having a great Christmas. I got a new dress, a couple of movies, and five books, including a fantasy trilogy by Terry Brooks (which I'm greatly enjoying) and "Rebekah" by Orson Scott Card. And I've been having fun with my niece and nephews.

No comments: