Sunday, November 02, 2008

Where has Eric been?

Actually, several of you know where I've been because I've seen you. I'm busy working right now (yes, on Sunday) but I thought I'd take a second to express my appreciation for our family.

So on Tuesday, October 21 I found out there was a stop work order on our contract in Monterey (since it was protested by a competitor) so we decided to take that trip to Oregon we've been putting off. We spent Wednesday through Sunday in Oregon. We spent time with Mom, Dad, Emily, Nathan, Amanda, and Joshua. Good times. Stevie and Allie had fun meeting their cousin Joshy.

We got home Monday night, and then on Tuesday morning Laurel drove me to the Monterey Airport and then drove to her sister's in LA. She got there before I got to Austin, which is where I spent the next few days teaching a class. On Wednesday night I drove down to Jared's and we watched the last few innings of the World Series and ate pizza. Michelle was still pregnant and very cheerful and positive. Brooke and Bryan are taller and skinnier (probably skinner from growing taller). And Jared's fine. It was fun. I flew to LAX on Thursday night and Laurel picked me up. We spent Halloween there. We did the trunk or treat at Rachel's ward, and that was enough for Stevie and Allie. Stevie watched a movie with his cousins and ate lots of candy after that.

We drove back yesterday and went to church this morning. Craig and Becky Kiser attended our sacrament meeting today. They were in town for a medical conference and were about to fly back. It was fun to see them. I learned that he was just called as the new Stake Patriarch. If that don't beat all.

Anyhow, that's my last few weeks. It's been very busy with work, but it was nice to see so much of our family last month.

No comments: