Tuesday, July 29, 2008

birthday Aaron


I'm fairly certain that everyone knew that my friend Aaron came to visit me for my birthday. He was a guy from my Canada days, and is actually the only one I'm still in contact with from up there. Jason and I would spend holiday meals with his family, and he would take me grocery shopping and attempt to keep me social. I can almost say I spent more time with Aaron during my marriage than I did with Jason. Anyway - Aaron came to visit me for the first time in the three years since I left Canada, and we had a great time. We did some shopping around Portland, went to the beach, he cooked us a big dinner for my birthday (he's going to school to be a chef starting this fall), he beat Mom at Boggle (but lost to me), we played DDR, and had a lot of fun. It was a nice break from work for both of us.

So now I'm focusing on working this one last month, before I head back to school. Classes start on September 8th, and I'm taking five art classes. I'm not sure what other classes I need, exactly, so I'll see a counseler when I get up there, but I had to register for classes now, so I'll take all classes specifically for my major.

Oh yes, and if you're wondering who Taera and KJ are (the newest watercolor on my page), that is Aaron's sister and her son. His mother commissioned me to paint it for her. Aaron's Mom is also the one I'm illustrating the book for.

2 comments:

Mandapanda said...

we're going to have to talk about this whole "my friend" thing...cuz I'm a bit confused...

Mindy Sebastian said...

What is so confusing, Amanda?