Monday, February 02, 2009

church stuff

Aaron made a fabulous decision when he decided to stay in this ward instead of moving to the singles ward. They are so incredibly welcoming and kind, and I'm glad to be part of the ward, even for just a few months. Even though I have to give a talk next week. If anyone has any good stories on hope, please let me know.

Also, yesterday they gave me a calling. They had already talked to me a bit about playing the piano in primary. They have someone now, but she isn't always there. A majority of the ward is older, and a lot of them don't play, so they are happy to find anyone that knows how. So when the second counselor talked to me about something in the Primary, I didn't realize he would ask me to be the Secretary! Their last person was a young single as well, and although she lives in the ward boundries, she decided to go to a different ward where her friends are (although she'd do her visiting teaching in the ward she is supposed to be in). So they hadn't had anyone since mid-December, and although they know I'm only here until April, they were more than excited to have me accept. Aaron and I went over to the Primary President's house yesterday after church, so I could pick up my binder of stuff, to get familiar with what I'm doing, and we ended up staying over two hours chatting with her and getting to know her. I'm really getting to like this ward.

No comments: