Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Adventures

I know you've all been having adventures lately. Nathan has moved. Trina had a baby and then had Mom and Dad visit. Jared went to visit Trina and also had Dad with him earlier that week. Eric will soon have Dad and Mom there to visit, plus I heard rumor of a trip to New York recently. Emily and Clarissa are taking over the house while Mom and Dad are out of town. And Mindy is hopefully keeping herself busy while being stuck in Canada for the next six months. So I expect to hear about all your adventures.

And since I expect to hear about your adventures I assume (is that a dangerous thing to do) that you want to hear about my adventures. If not, just ignore this next part and go straight to posting about your own adventures.

I left home on May 21 and drove down to Nate and Manda's. We had an enjoyable weekend together. I can't think about it too much because it makes me miss Joshy and Henry. On Monday morning (May 24) I got up early and headed towards my new home. Two stops for gas, two stops for the restroom, and one stop for lunch later and I was at my friend's house in North Logan. Yep, that's all it took. Oh, and several CDs worth of Harry Potter 7. It's amazing how quickly a drive goes when you have a good book to listen to while doing it.

I spent the next day in Logan figuring out the last of my pre-grad school assignments and ordering my books. I also got my room set up for the summer and did some homework assignments that I have. (And I need to finish the rest of those soon.)

On Wednesday I drove to Murray to meet some friends for lunch. One of them never showed up, apparently she had written down the wrong day. The other showed up an hour late because her work replacement had shown up 45 minutes late. So I spent a lot of time pacing in front of this restaurant and texting people. After a 2 1/2 hour lunch, I hopped back in my car and drove down to PG (that's Utah slang for Pleasant Grove) to my friend Mandy's. She has a Guide Dog in Training and it was fun to learn all about that. I spent an enjoyable evening with her.

Thursday I drove up to Duchesne to meet my future co-workers and check out my future stomping grounds. I will be in the middle of nowhere. When telling my friends around here how to get there I tell them to drive up Provo Canyon until you get to Heber. Turn right and go another 70 miles.... you're now in Duchesne. If you want to get to Roosevelt you have to drive another 40 miles. The things I noticed about Duchesne are: 1. The people are very friendly and everyone seems to know everyone. 2. There are lilac bushes. (This was a good selling point for the place.) 3. It is quite windy. 4. It was a much longer drive than I was expecting. 5. I am going to be very well taken care of.

That evening I was back in PG for another evening with Mandy and Kyle (the dog). The next morning I drove out to the middle of nowhere in the opposite direction, ie. Eagle Mountain. My friend recently bought a house out there and I had to go and see her and the new house and find out that she's pregnant with number 2. Crazy stuff. Long drive. Excellent 4 hour visit.

I got to Springville that evening and have been here ever since. I have eaten at my favorite restaurants (it's a good thing that Duchesne County doesn't have many restaurants because it will force me to stay in and cook good food for myself), visited with lots of friends, and mostly just relaxed and enjoyed myself. It is normal and yet strange to be here. I'm staying at my old apartment which doesn't make things less normal/odd. It's like going back in time but things are just slightly different... like I now sleep in the living room because someone else has taken over my bedroom.

I will be down here for this week to relax and play because starting next Monday I'll be in class for about 40 hours a week. Plus there will be homework to do once I'm out of class. It will be an intense summer for sure. I'll need all the support I can get from you so feel free to e-mail, text, facebook, post, comment, send mail or care packages, or call me (weekends would be best for phone calls). And hopefully I'll be able to respond to you when I drag my head out of my textbooks.

Love,
Tawnia

No comments: