Friday, March 19, 2010

A job

Yes, I finally have a JOB! An actual job!

So today, while I was baby-sitting a couple of girls for a sister from the ward, Mom came in with the phone. I'd been interviewed for this housekeeping position on Monday, and I so hoped to get a job. (Seriously, I even applied for the position of sign post . . . er, holder.) It was getting frustrating. (I apologize to those who had to put up with me.)

Anyway, the woman on the other end didn't say I got the job; she just wanted to see me this afternoon. Actually, she called in two of us. Originally she was going to hire only one part-time evening housekeeper, but she couldn't decide between me and another candidate, so she decided to hire us both. Only I have a day position instead of evening. I'm very happy. Relieved.

Think what I can do with all that money. Pay off student loans. Get a library card (where I could check out more than one book at a time). Give Mom and Dad some money to pay for the roof over my head (literally). Buy me some chocolate. Go splurge at the bookstore.

No comments: