Monday, March 08, 2010

Emily's plan

Hi, family. Well, it looks like going directly to a publisher isn't going to work, but at least that pushed me to hurry and finish a decent manuscript. So now my plan is to look for an agent to sell my book. I did an initial search on Saturday and made up a list of possible agents, particularly those with a strong interest in fantasy and young adult books. I have ten on my list. Next, I prioritized them and figured out what each one wanted (a query letter only, or if they want the first five pages -- it varies a lot). I've also written a rough draft of a query letter.

I still need to go over my novel yet again and polish up a few points.

Wish me luck.

4 comments:

tawngap said...

Good luck!

Eric said...

Yes! Good luck Emily! (I'm secretly working on a novel too... My goal is to get the first draft done this year. I'm trying to write a chapter a week, but it's tough... anyway, good luck with editing and selling... have you considered working with an agent?)

Eric said...

hahaha! I just reread your post. Okay, so you're working on a list of agents... I thought it was a list of publishers for some reason. Gotta work on that reading comprehension.

Amanda Palmer said...

Good luck! Let me know if you want more input about your manuscript before you send anything out - I'd be glad to. Probably it would be helpful if I finished reading it, huh?