Sunday, May 31, 2009

new callings

Adam and I finally got callings today - we were both sustained as first counselor ... Adam for Elders Quorum and me for Primary. We're not surprised about either one. We've known that's where Adam would end up since we got here - we were just wondering what was taking so long. (Today was our 10th Sunday here.) I was more of a wild card, but we're not surprised about a presidency spot for me either. I knew I wouldn't do anything in Relief Society, but it could have been either Primary or Young Women. And now here we are.

Adam has never been in a presidency, not even as a kid. He was the Deacons quorum secretary but that was it. Since he got home from his mission, he was one of the ward clerks at first, and then did ward mission stuff for 4 years. So this will be all new for him.

I was in the Relief Society presidency twice in the Dayton branch (2nd counselor, then 1st counselor), but I left that branch 11 years ago. So this is pretty new for me as well. At least I've spent the last 3 1/2 years in Primary already, observing from behind the piano. I'm going to email the Primary people in Chevy Chase and pick their brains for ideas, both for Sharing time and Music time. If anyone has any ideas for things to do in Primary (or NOT to do in Primary), let me know!

1 comment:

Amanda Palmer said...

I'm really curious about why you were so sure Adam would get that calling - I keep wondering about it, so i thought I'd ask.