Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Week in Salem

I spent the last week down in Salem, helping Amanda with the boys, so she could get some work done. And sleep. Henry has a good set of lungs, and he can be very loud when he wants. But he does like being cuddled. I once spent a whole evening with him in my arms, a book in hand. Ah, that was a wonderful evening. I took pictures when Henry got his first bath; he really enjoyed it.

Joshua is a handful. He likes tearing all the books off the shelf, flipping over his toy bins (and then climbing in them), pulling the puzzles off the shelf (and then the shelf down), and begging to see Pocoyo movies every time he sees me at the computer. Mostly I was on the computer when he was asleep. I tried doing a bit of work on my writing down there, but only on one day. We went out for walks several times while I was there. Once he fell asleep in his stroller; another time (after waking up too early and not going back to sleep), he fell asleep right in his high chair.

Joshua likes piling his friends, as he calls his stuffed animals, on top of people. His favorite book right now is a Richard Scary book that he refers to as the kitty book. He's started to develop a sense of humor. Sometimes if you ask him what an elephant says, he'll answer, "Dada mia." He also likes hiding things and asking where they went. Like I didn't see hm put that Cherrio on the chair. He got Puppy taken away after he tried hiding him in the diaper pail, at least until Puppy went through the washing machine.

Nathan and I went shopping for Amanda's birthday together. I'd wanted to get them windchimes for Christmas, but those are a seasonal item. So I got her windchimes for her birthday instead, one decorated with glass hummingbirds. And Nathan got her a hummingbird feeder. He also got her a panda card and candy from the boys. Joshua scribbled on the card and envelope (and dumped out his crayons). Mom and Dad and Clarissa came on Saturday, and we all went out for lunch.

No comments: