Saturday, April 11, 2009

Michelle's thumb

I was just chatting with Eric and I realized we hadn't told anyone else what had happened...

Last night, Michelle was trying to lock the bedroom window when the pane shattered and sliced off a piece of her left thumb and cut into the artery. I had just left for a cub scout pack meeting, so she called me home and then went to the neighbors, who called 911.

Michelle's visiting teacher came and took the kids while I took Michelle to the ER, and the neighbors cleaned up the glass and blood in our house. She got a whole lot of stitches in there, and she'll need to see a plastic surgeon to get skin grafts and whatever else it takes to put her thumb back together.

She's in a lot of pain - multiple prescriptions take the edge off, but that's about it. She can't drive right now because of the medications, and can't help with dishes or baths or anything like that because of the bandages.

I don't think there's really anything any of you can do to help, except pray for her. I'll try to keep you informed as we know more.

No comments: