Saturday, January 10, 2009

reunion notes

1. Mom put in the sisters' blog comments that she thinks the Palmer reunion should be in December with Mindy and Aaron's wedding, so if you can afford to travel only once this year, skip the July Beers reunion and go to Oregon in December. Is that now the official policy? Or is it up for discussion? Does anyone disagree or have concerns? If you do, why? I have no opinion yet - I'd like to hear what other people think first.

2. I think the Beers reunion, since it's in Oregon, should be BEFORE July 25, or at least include that weekend. July 25 is the last day the Portland Temple is open this summer before the 2-week cleaning break. If we're going to do a group endowment session, it has to be on July 25 or before, or wait until the end of August but I thought that option was out for the reunion.

3. Since the Rexburg finals don't end until July 23, that kinda puts the squeeze on the temple idea. Just so the planning board is aware of it, I guess.

4. Mindy, I checked Target for leftover clear-out Christmas stuff but everything was already gone. Sorry. I know I have blue and/or silver stuff, so when I get my decorations back out next fall, I'll see what I have to contribute. I definitely have a lot of silver garland, but it is getting kinda beat up - I've had it the entire time we've been married so 5 Christmases. We have white lights.

That's all I can think of right now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. So the wedding is definitely in December? I thought the date was still in the air, and wouldn't be earlier that December.

2. Was there a group endowment planned? Or is this idea just being introduced now? I wasn't aware of it. And since when are there only two weeks between July 25 and the end of August? My calender shows August 8 being two weeks after July 25.

3. Indeed.

4. Never mind, that one isn't directed to me. :)

Anonymous said...

1. Never mind. I just saw what the previous post said.

Anonymous said...

And just out of curiosity... since when is there an official policy on other people's vacation plans?

treen said...

Well, it would be helpful for us to make a firm decision on "THIS is when the Palmer 2009 reunion is" whether it's July or December. So if people can travel only once this year to Oregon, we can hopefully get everyone there at the same time instead of half of us going in July and half going in December. From there, you need to make your own decision of course, but I would HOPE that you want to see ME enough that you'll want to be in Oregon the same time as me. Everyone else .. meh ... (HA! It was a JOKE!)

treen said...

Oh, and from what little I heard about planning the Beers reunion, I thought there was problems with scheduling it in August at all. But I don't know.

Emily said...

The problem with the reunion is figuring out where to have it. Where there's an affordable place big enough for our group that's open on the days we'd like.

Eric said...

My vote: Palmer reunion at the wedding. But Jared's right - we always each have a choice as to whether we'll show up at all.