Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I have a question for all of you.

I think I'll try reviving this blog once again.  Next summer Dad and I will probably be moving to Idaho.  Nathan and Amanda would like to buy a house and we'd like to not have to pay utilities when we're going to be gone a lot.  We'd also like to have our belongings in a safe place.  So we are going to help them and they are going to help us.

In getting ready for this great new adventure we need to downsize.  That means getting rid of STUFF,   Much of it will be given away or thrown away and some will go with us but the question is - What do you want to have?  If we still want to hang on to the items you personally want we can at least make note of it and reserve it for you.  Of course, there is the possibility of everyone wanting the same things but it's better to work that out now than when we're gone and you're all emotional.  So that's the question for you to think about.  As we're going through things  we may be asking if anyone wants a particular item but for now if you think of something you'd like, let us know.

Love ya,
Mom and Dad

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the christmas stuff and the ship mirror.

Eric said...

Good thinking Clarissa. I'm thinking of books, kitchen stuff, movie stuff (though I'm guessing Dad's taking that), toys... I don't know. I think I need to go there and see. Unless someone provides a "catalog" of pictures of things Mom and Dad don't want to move with them.

treen said...

That's what I said on Facebook - I need an inventory list of some sort because I have no idea what's even at the house anymore. Is there any heirloom furniture? Didn't we have some antique bookcase something or other that was Grandma Beers's?

I've always wanted the Hayley Mills and Shirley Temple pictures, but that's all I can think of at the moment for myself.

For the grand-daughters, I don't know how much jewelry Mom has but something for each of the girls would be nice. When we were at Adam's mom's funeral, Adam and his sisters went through Nancy's jewelry and chose some things for our each of our girls that we'll give to them when they're older (like 18). Something from our side would be cool too.

Skippy said...

uhhh... they aren't dead yet.

treen said...

No, they're not dead but read the post again - Mom just said exactly that. We should "claim" something now if we want it when they are gone.

Besides, this way Mom can mark her jewelry herself of what she wants to go to whom, or spend the next couple of years collecting more jewelry in her traveling if she decides that she doesn't have enough for all of the granddaughters, or whatever. It would be nice to know that Mom specifically wanted Summer (or Kate or Allie or whomever) to have THIS piece of jewelry rather than it just being a free-for-all after she's gone.

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to armwrestle someone for the piano...

And I also wouldn't mind the opportunity to come out and dig around through all the other stuff as well.

Ponder this, I must.

Emily said...

I want a crock pot and the Living Scripture tapes. Actually, Clarissa says wants some of those tapes too, so maybe we'll split them.

Skippy said...

Sorry Trina. I thought about it after I posted that. She might've given stuff away or donated it prior to moving out.

Let me know when ya'll are out there so I can come see you too!

Skippy said...

The golden silverware of destiny.

Skippy said...

I will arm wrestle you Jared. But you can still have the piano.

Amanda Palmer said...

Hey it sounds like that arm wrestling can happen! As well as digging through things all together :c)